1. Preheat oven to 350F. Preheat skillet to medium heat with 1 pat butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil. Fill pot with 4 cups of water, place on high heat to boil.
2. Remove skin from onion and slice thinly. Add onions to heated skillet with a big pinch of salt. Saute for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and edges are browned.
3. While onions caramelize, peel sweet potato (optional). Dice into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in pot of boiling water. Boil for 12-15 minutes until sweet potatoes easily smash against side of pot. Drain water from pot. Add one pat of butter and juice of tangerine to sweet potatoes and smash with potato masher or fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place bread in oven for 5-10 minutes until warm. On a small plate or in a small bowl, combine spice blend with 2-3 Tbsp olive oil for dipping.
5. Once onions are caramelized, set onions aside and reheat onion pan to medium-high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove beef from packaging. Pat dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Cook 3-5 minutes per side (increase time for well done).
Pomegranate & Chocolate Drops
1. Cut pomegranate in half. Hold one half over a bowl with the inside facing up. Loosen the red arils inside by pressing upwards along the skin, in a similar motion to turning it inside out.
2. Hold the pomegranate with inside facing down over bowl, hit the top of the outside with a wooden spoon or spatula. Continue until all arils fall into the bowl.
3. Repeat with other half. Serve with chocolate drops.