Ingredients: 12 oz White Oak ground turkey, 4 ciliegine mozzarella, 2 cloves garlic, 1 shallot, 1 c arugula, 1/2 c kalamata olives, 1 small orange, medium bunch rosemary, 1 can tomato sauce, 2 tsp Italian herbs, 4 oz. capellini balls
1. Peel and mince 1 clove garlic. Drain olives. In a small, oven-safe dish, add garlic, olives, juice of half the orange, pepper, 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, and 1-2 sprigs rosemary. Toss to coat olives. Bake 15 minutes, stirringonce halfway through. Remove olives from oven and raise oven temperature to 400F.
2. Rinse remaining rosemary, remove from stems, chop finely. Cut each mozzarella ball in half. 3. In a large bowl, mix together turkey meat, 1-2 Tbsp chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly into 8 sections. Form each section into a ball around a piece of cheese. Place on greased and/or foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until turkey cooked through and cheese melted. Avoid overcooking, or all cheese will melt out.
3. While meatballs bake, peel and mince 1 clove garlic and shallot. Heat a small pan over medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and shallot with a pinch of salt, and cook until shallots are soft and turning translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato sauce, 2 tsp Italian herbs, remaining rosemary, remaining half of orange juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Just before serving, stir in arugula.
4. Put a large pot with at least 8 c of water on to boil. When boiling, add salt and pasta. Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes, until almost soft (al dente). Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 c cooking liquid.
5. Combine pasta, sauce and meatballs, toss to coat. Add cooking liquid if needed to help sauce coat pasta.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER