Ingredients: White Oak beef, 3/4 c rice, 1 small crown broccoli, 1/2” ginger, 1 clove garlic, small bunch green onions, 4 packets soy sauce (about 1/4 c), 2 Tbsp rice vinegar, 2 packets sugar, 1 Tbsp miso paste, 1 small bunch spinach
1. In a small pot, bring 3 c water to boil. Dice 1-2 stalks of green onions. Once water boils, add green onions and spinach, boil for 2-3 minutes. Reduce to simmer, add miso paste. Simmer 1-2 more minutes, stir to dissolve (do not boil miso).
2. Peel and mince garlic and ginger. Rinse broccoli, cut into bite-sized florets. Rinse and dice green and light green part of remaining onions into 1/2” - 1” pieces.
3. Put a small pot with 1 1/2 c water over high heat to boil. When boiling, add 1/2 tsp salt and 3/4 c rice. Stir, return to boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes, until liquid is gone and rice is tender. When finished cooking, fluff rice with fork.
4. Mix together 1/4 c soy sauce, 1/4 c rice vinegar and 2 Tbsp sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves, then set aside.
5. Preheat skillet to medium-high with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove beef from packaging. Pat dry with paper towel. Place beef in hot skillet. Let sear for 1 minute, undisturbed, then flip. Cook additional 1-2 minutes, until mostly cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
6. Reduce heat to medium and add broccoli, green onion, garlic, ginger, and sauce mixture to beef skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is bright green. Add beef and cook 1-2 minutes more until beef is cooked through and sauce has reduced slightly.
7. Serve beef and broccoli over rice. Spoon extra sauce on top.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER