Ingredients: Baked Brie with Cranberries - ½ c cranberries, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 pat butter
Barbecue Chicken, Apple-Radish Slaw & Brussels Sprouts - chicken (3 small), cobbies sauce (2 oz = 4 T = ¼ c), brussels sprouts (12), granny smith apple, radishes (2)
Pumpkin Cake in a Mug - butter (6 pats), brown sugar (½ c), ground cinnamon (1 tsp), ground cloves (¼ tsp), self-rising flour (⅔ c), pumpkin puree (⅓ c)Method:
Baked Brie with Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 pat butter on medium high heat and add cranberries. Cook for 2 minutes until cranberries pop
- Add 1 Tbsp brown sugar to cranberries, reduce heat to medium low. Cook and stir for 1 minute until well combined and sugar bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Remove wrapping from brie and place in oven safe baking dish. Bake for ten minutes. Place cranberry mixture on top of brie and bake for another five minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 400F.
- Rinse brussels sprouts. Trim ends and cut each in half.
- Place in oven safe baking dish and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes. stirring occasionally, until cooked through and slightly browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse chicken. Cut into long strips. Place in bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp Cobbie’s BBQ Sauce. Set aside.
- Rinse apple and radishes. Trim ends off radish and cut into ¼” matchsticks.
- Cut apple into quarters, remove core, cut into ¼” match sticks.
- Place apple and radish in a bowl and toss with 2 tsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat large skillet with ½ Tbsp olive oil on medium heat.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Plate chicken (do not put back in sauce bowl).
- Drizzle with rest of sauce (optional) and top with slaw.
Pumpkin Cake in a Mug
- In a microwave-safe mug, mix together 2 pats butter and 2 Tbsp brown sugar.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp pumpkin, mix well. Add ¼ c flour, ¼ tsp cinnamon and ⅛ tsp cloves. Stir until combined, scrape down sides and spread cake mixture evenly in bottom of mug.
- In a small bowl, place 1 pat butter, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp cinnamon and 1 heaping Tbsp flour. Mix with fingers until combined and clumpy. Pour streusel topping over cake mixture.
- Microwave 50 seconds. Top should be barely set up. If more time is needed, cook in 10 second increments to avoid overcooking.
- Repeat with second mug. Eat immediately (better when warm).