Ingredients: Dekalb bread, Hongar Farms olive oil, 12 oz ground lamb, 1 tsp curry powder, 2/ 3 c green lentils, 1 small yellow onion, 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, 2 parsnips, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, 2 blood oranges, 1-2 Tbsp pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse and peel parsnips. Cut into 1/4” rounds (half or quarter thicker sections). Coat parsnips in olive oil, spread in single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 25-30 min, until fork tender and lightly browned. While parsnips bake, complete steps 2 & 3. When finished baking, toss parsnips with 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
2. Peel and dice onion. Rinse lentils and pick out any debris. Preheat small pot to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add onion to pot, and cook 2-3 minutes until turning translucent, but not browning. Add 2/3 c lentils and 1 1/2 c water to pot (do not add salt, it will make lentils mushy). Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until tender, about 20-25 min. Add more water as necessary to keep lentils barely covered. While lentils simmer, complete step 3. When finished, drain liquid and stir in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Preheat a large pan to medium heat. Add ground lamb, 2 tsp curry powder, and salt and pepper to pan. Brown lamb; cook all the way through and add oil if meat sticks to pan.
4. Rinse parsley, remove leaves from stems, and chop. Plate lamb and lentils and top with parsley. Add parsnips.
5. If desired, wrap bread in tin foil and warm in oven for 10-15 min. Serve flavored olive oil in a dish for dipping.
Blood Orange & Pistachio
1. Cut peel from blood oranges (be sure to remove all bitter, white pith). Cut crosswise into 1/4”
slices and remove any seeds. Lightly chop pistachios.
2. Drizzle orange slices with 2 tsp maple syrup and top with pistachios.