Ingredients: Cornbread, 3 pats butter, 1 bunch cilantro, 2 chicken breasts, 1 sweet potato, 4 flour tortillas, 1 c white cheddar, 1 shallot, 1 tsp smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place 3 pats of butter in small dish. If butter is not soft, microwave for 10 sec to soften. Rinse cilantro and remove leaves from 3-4 stems. Finely chop cilantro leaves and stir into butter. Wrap cornbread in foil and warm in oven for about 10 min. Slice into 2 pieces and serve with cilantro butter.
3. Rinse and peel sweet potato. Dice into 1 inch cubes and place in medium pot. Fill pot with enough water to cover sweet potato by 2 inches. Bring to boil over high heat and cook 8-10 minutes. While sweet potato cooks, start step 4. When sweet potato easily pierces with fork, drain water and mash sweet potato with potato masher or fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Remove chicken breasts from packaging and place in single layer in bottom of another pot. Pour in enough cold water to cover chicken by at least 1 inch and add 1 tsp salt. Bring water to boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8-12 min. While chicken poaches, begin step 5. When chicken is cooked through, remove from liquid and shred using two forks.
5. Remove peel of shallot, cut in half, and slice thinly lengthwise. Heat a small pan to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Cook shallot with a dash of salt until translucent and slightly browned, 5-7 min.
6. Preheat a large pan to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. On a tortilla, layer half of each of the following: mashed sweet potato, chicken, shallot, smoked paprika, and white cheddar. Place another tortilla on top. Repeat with remaining tortillas for two complete quesadillas. One at a time, place quesadilla into oiled pan (add more oil as necessary). Cook about 3 min, then carefully flip. Cook 2-4 min on other side until tortilla is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into quarters and garnish with remaining cilantro.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER