Ingredients:Wasabi peas, 12 oz ground beef, 1/4 c soy sauce, 1” ginger root, divided, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp red pepper flakes - divided, 2 packets honey, 4-5 radishes, 1 small cucumber, 1/8 c apple cider vinegar, 2 hoagie rolls, dried coconut, 2 Tbsp chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel ginger root using a peeler, knife, or the side of a spoon. Mince ginger. Peel and mince garlic clove. In a bowl, mix together ground beef, half of minced ginger (about 1/2 tsp), half of garlic (about 1/2 tsp), and 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Split meat mixture in half, then form 3 balls out of each half of the mixture (6 total balls). Place meatballs in oven safe dish.
3. In a small bowl, add 1/4 c soy sauce, remaining garlic and ginger (about 1/2 tsp each), 2 packets honey, and 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional). Stir, then pour mixture over meatballs. Bake meatballs at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
4. While meatballs bake, rinse and remove ends of radishes and cucumber. Cut radishes in half, then slice thinly. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, cut into inch-long sections, then slice thinly. (Alternately, you can grate radishes and cucumbers.)
5. In a small bowl, combine sliced radishes and cucumbers with 1/8 c apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
6. Place hoagie rolls, sliced lengthwise, in oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
7. Serve radish-cucumber slaw and meatballs on hoagie rolls. Optional: skim excess fat from sauce left in baking dish. Place remaining sauce in a bowl to dip subs.
Chocolate-Dipped Dried Coconut
1. Place 2 Tbsp chocolate chips in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on high, stir. Continue heating in 15-sec increments until chips are completely melted.
2. Dip dried coconut in melted chocolate. Eat immediately or place in fridge or freezer for a few minutes to allow chocolate to set (place on wax paper/parchment or lightly grease dish).