Ingredients: 2 swordfish steaks, 1 c orzo, 10 stalks asparagus, bunch basil, meyer lemon, 2 pats butter, 1/4 c shaved parmesan - divided, H+F baguette, spice blend (oregano, garlic, onion, black pepper, sea salt)
1. Place a pot with 3 c water on the stove to boil over high heat. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse asparagus and snap off tough ends. Chop into 1/2” pieces.
3. Remove swordfish from packaging and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat two pans to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in each.
5. When water boils, add 1 tsp salt and 1 c orzo. Cook pasta 7-8 minutes until al dente.
6. Place bread in oven for 10 minutes.
7. In one preheated pan, add asparagus. In the other, add swordfish steaks.
8. Cook asparagus 5-7 minutes, until tender-crisp and bright green. Reduce heat to low.
9. Cook swordfish 2-3 minutes per side until lightly browned and cooked almost through. Set aside to rest.
10. When orzo is done cooking, drain, reserving about 1/2 c of cooking liquid. Add orzo to pan with asparagus, along with 2 pats of butter and 1/4 c parmesan (optional: save some to sprinkle on top for garnish). Reduce heat to low and stir until butter and cheese melt, adding cooking liquid as necessary to keep mixture loose. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
11. Plate orzo and asparagus mixture, top with swordfish, and squeeze juice of 1/4 of meyer lemon (about 1 tsp) over each plate. Serve additional lemon as garnish, if desired.Mix 1 tsp spice blend with 1 Tbsp or more olive oil and serve with bread.