Ingredients: Whole chicken - parted, 6-8 oz spinach pasta, 2 Tbsp pesto, 1/2 c sugar snap peas, 6-8 stalks asparagus, 1 oz parmesan, 1 lemon, halved
1. While chicken roasts, rinse asparagus. Use a vegetable peeler to shave pieces off along the length of each stalk. If you don’t have a peeler, slice thin strips lengthwise on a slight diagonal.
2. Shave parmesan with a vegetable peeler or slice thin pieces.
3. In a bowl, toss asparagus with juice from about 1/4 of a lemon (1+ tsp), 1-2 tsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Top salad with shaved parmesan.
4. Peel string from top of pea pods. Optional: open pods, and remove peas from inside. Set peas aside.
5. Bring 8+ c water to boil over high heat.
6. Gentle separate pieces of pasta. When water boils, add salt and carefully drop in pasta.
7. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add peas or whole pods to water. Cook peas and pasta together for another 1-2 minutes (until pasta is cooked to taste).
8. Drain water, reserving 1/4 c.
9. Toss pasta and peas with 2 Tbsp pesto, adding reserved cooking water as necessary to bind pesto with pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve pasta with drumsticks and wings of roasted chicken (these are best when freshly roasted), and/or other parts of the chicken you desire. Reserve at least 3 of the 4 breasts/thighs in the refrigerator for the second meal.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER