Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 Cups Green Beans, 1oz Feta, 1 Clove Garlic, 1 Bunch Parsley, 1 Bunch Tarragon, 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 Skinless Chicken Breasts, 1 Medium Onion, 4 oz Oyster Mushrooms, 3⁄4 Cup Marsala Wine, 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube, 1 Bunch Thyme, 3 oz Creme Fraiche, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil, seasoned liberally with salt. Rinse green beans. Remove tips by trimming each end and then cut green beans into 1-1 1⁄2 inch pieces. Prepare another large bowl or pot with ice water, seasoned liberally with salt.
2. Blanch green beans in boiling pot of water for 3 minutes, drain water and then immediately transfer green beans into ice water to shock. Leave in ice water for about 30 seconds. Drain green beans and dry well.
3. Mince 1 clove of garlic and chop about 1 teaspoon each of parsley and tarragon. Adjust ratio of fresh herbs according to your taste.
4. Place minced garlic and chopped herbs into a mixing bowl, add apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
5. Add green beans and crumbled feta to the bowl and toss to coat.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
7. Place bouillon cube in 1 cup of warm water to dissolve.
8. Thinly slice onions and mushrooms, set aside.
9. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Trim excess fat if needed. Cut each breast into 4 equally sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. You will see the oil begin to ripple.
11. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on the first side, and cooked at least two-thirds of the way through. Flip and cook through. About 6-7 minutes on each side, or until the juices start to run clear. Transfer to a plate, set aside, cover and keep warm.
12. Add onions to the hot pan. Cook until they begin to become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
13. Add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid, about 2-3 minutes.
14. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. When the wine has reduced and you can hear the sizzle (about 30 seconds), add the chicken stock (dissolved bouillon cube), 1 Tablespoon of thyme and bring sauce to a simmer. Once sauce is simmering lower the heat to medium and continue to let the sauce simmer for 3-5 minutes.
15. Turn off heat and gently mix in the creme fraiche, and adjust seasoning.
16. Spoon mushroom and sauce over chicken, and enjoy with a side of green bean salad.
Green Beans with Cider Dressing & Feta Cheese — 12-15 minutes
Chicken with Marsala Mushrooms — 25-30 minutes
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER