Ingredients: 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 1/8 c dried cherries, 1.5 oz smoked gouda, 1 lemon, 2 flat iron steaks, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 leek, swiss chard, 8-10 fingerling potatoes, 1 clove garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse chick peas/garbanzo beans. Roll on clean kitchen towel or paper towels to dry and remove skins. Cut gouda into 1/2” or smaller cubes.
3. In a bowl, toss together chick peas, 1/8 c dried cherries, gouda cubes, juice of half the lemon, 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven-safe dish and aside.
4. . Remove root end and dark green part of leek, discard. Slice light green/white part in half lengthwise. Rinse thoroughly to remove any natural sand. Slice crosswise into 1/4” - 1/2” pieces. Rinse and dry potatoes, slice in half lengthwise. Rinse swiss chard, cut leaves from thick stems (discard stems), and coarsely chop. Peel and mince garlic clove. Set aside.
5. Place chickpea mixture in oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
6. Preheat large pan to medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Place potatoes in preheated pan. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 8 minutes.
7. Preheat another pan to medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Remove steaks from packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Rub 1 tsp smoked paprika onto steaks. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side (more for a medium-well to well done steak).
8. Add minced garlic and chopped leek to potatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add chopped swiss chard and cook 3-5 minutes, or until chard wilted and potatoes are tender Season to taste with salt, pepper, and juice of remaining lemon. After cooking, let steak rest at least 5 minutes, then slice and serve with potato/leek/chard hash.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER