Ingredients: 2 tilapia filets, 7 flour tortillas, 1/2 c kimchi, 1 can black beans, 1 bunch cilantro, 1 lime, 2 Tsp ground red pepper, 2 churros
Black Bean & Cilantro Dip with Baked Tortilla Chips Tilapia & Kimchi Tacos
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat both sides of 3 tortillas with olive oil. Stack them on top of each other and slice into six or eight even pieces with a knife or pizza cutter. Spread tortilla pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy, tossing once halfway through.
3. Open can of black beans and thoroughly rinse with water. Rinse cilantro and remove leaves from stems. In a bowl, combine black beans, half of cilantro, juice of half of lime, and 1 tsp red pepper (or to taste). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Preheat a pan to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.
5. Remove tilapia filets from packaging. Pat dry. Season both sides with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp red pepper (1/4 tsp per side).
6. Cook tilapia 2-3 minutes per side, or until it easily flakes with a fork. Either divide the filets in half (4 pieces total) or use a fork to flake it into bite-size pieces.
7. Chop kimchi. Optional: warm kimchi in a pan over medium-low heat. Alternately serve cold.
8. Layer tortillas with kimchi, tilapia, remaining cilantro, and extra black bean dip if desired.
1. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
2. Place churros on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed through and lightly crisped. Remove from oven and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER