Ingredients: 2 flat iron steaks, 2/3 c rice, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp ancho chili powder, 1 shallot, 2 cloves garlic, 3-4 stalks green onion, 2 c sugar snap peas
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pull fibrous string from top of peas. Peel and mince two garlic cloves and shallot. Remove root end of green onion and chop white and light green parts.
3. Place a medium pot over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add shallot and 1 clove garlic to pot and saute until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add 2/3 c rice, stir to coat. Add 1 1/3 c water and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
4. Lightly coat peas with olive oil. Spread on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
5. Preheat skillet to medium to medium high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
6. Remove steaks from packaging. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub steaks with 1 tsp ancho chili powder (about 1/4 tsp per side), sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cook steaks in skillet for 3-5 min per side for medium doneness (add time for more well done or for thicker steaks). Set aside to rest for 5 min before serving.
8. Fluff rice with fork. Plate steak with rice, then garnish with green onion. Serve sugar snap peas on the side.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER