Ingredients: 2 flat iron steaks, 2/3 c rice, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp ancho chili powder, 1 shallot, 2 cloves garlic, 3-4 stalks green onion, 2 c sugar snap peas
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pull fibrous string from top of peas. Peel and mince two garlic cloves and shallot. Remove root end of green onion and chop white and light green parts.
3. Place a medium pot over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add shallot and 1 clove garlic to pot and saute until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add 2/3 c rice, stir to coat. Add 1 1/3 c water and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15-18 minutes.
4. Lightly coat peas with olive oil. Spread on baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1 minced garlic clove. Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
5. Preheat skillet to medium to medium high heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
6. Remove steaks from packaging. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub steaks with 1 tsp ancho chili powder (about 1/4 tsp per side), sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Cook steaks in skillet for 3-5 min per side for medium doneness (add time for more well done or for thicker steaks). Set aside to rest for 5 min before serving.
8. Fluff rice with fork. Plate steak with rice, then garnish with green onion. Serve sugar snap peas on the side.