Ingredients: 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, 1 oz parmesan cheese, 1 romaine heart, 1 large russet potatoes, 1/2 tsp. white pepper, 1 1/2 c. GF flour, divided, 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, 4 pats butter, 1 bunch sage
1. Bring a pot of at least 4 c water to boil over high heat.
2. Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2”-1” cubes. Add to boiling water and cook until they can be pierced and fall apart, about 10-12 min.
3. While potatoes boil, add 1/4 c balsamic vinegar to pan and cook over medium heat until reduced by about half, 5-7 min. Set aside to cool.
4. Rinse and chop sage leaves. Rinse and chop romaine heart.
5. Drain cooked potatoes, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
6. Once potatoes are cool, add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1 1/4 c flour, and 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. Knead with hands, mashing potatoes, until a dough forms.
7. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c flour on a clean, dry surface. Roll the dough into ropes about 1” thick, then cut into 1” pieces. Optional: roll the tines of a fork over the gnocchi pieces to create ridges.
8. Rinse potato pot, and refill with at least 8 c water. Bring to boil over high heat. Add salt and the gnocchi. Cook until the gnocchi float to the top, drain water.
9. While gnocchi boil, melt 4 pats butter in a pan over medium heat until the butter turns brown and smells nutty. Remove butter from heat and add chopped sage.
10. Add drained gnocchi to pan with butter and sage. Toss to coat. Serve warm. Drizzle cooled balsamic reduction over chopped romaine, top with parmesan.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER