Ingredients: 3 corn tortillas, 1 can beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 Tbsp chocolate chips, 12 oz ground beef, 1 white onion, 1 bunch cilantro, 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly coat both sides of 3 tortillas with olive oil. Stack them on top of each other and slice into six or eight even pieces with a knife or pizza cutter. Spread tortilla pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet. Optional: lightly sprinkle with salt. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy, tossing once halfway through.
3. Peel and dice onion. Drain and rinse beans.
4. Preheat skillet to medium heat. Add ground beef and brown completely, 8-10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
5. Preheat a pot to medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add diced onion and saute until starting to soften, 2-3 min. Add 1 can drained beans, 1 can diced tomatoes, browned beef, 1 Tbsp chocolate chips, 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and enough water to barely cover ingredients (about 2 c). Simmer for 15-20 min to allow flavors to come together. Adjust seasoning as necessary.
6. Serve chili with chips and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Alternate slow cooker directions:
1. Follow steps 3 & 4 above.
2. Add browned beef, onion, beans, tomatoes, chocolate chips, chili powder, cumin, salt, and enough water to barely cover ingredients to a slow cooker. Set on low for 6 hours.
3. Bake chips as instructed in steps 1 & 2.
NEVER MISS OUT AGAIN, OPT IN TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER