Ingredients: 1 small head cauliflower, 1 tbsp tahini, 2 tbsp capers, lemon, ground lamb, 1⁄2 cup bread crumbs, 1⁄4 cup milk, 1 bunch parsley, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 1 tomato, 1 bunch basil, 1 yellow onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 cup quick-cooking barley, 1 bouillon cube, 3 cups spinach, 1 1/2 c parmesan, divided
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Break cauliflower head into bite-sized florets. Toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast until golden, about 20 minutes. Finish by tossing with tahini, lemon juice, capers.
3. While cauliflower bakes, slice onion thinly, mince garlic and roughly chop tomato.
4. Preheat skillet to medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent. Add tomato and canned crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to low while sauce thickens, about 15-30 minutes. Stir in basil.
5. Mix lamb, 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, lemon zest, 1 cup parmesan, panko bread crumbs, milk and salt and pepper in a large bowl until sticky. Preheat skillet to medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil and add balls. Saute in hot oil to brown all sides. Once browned, finish cooking meatballs in tomato sauce, about 10 minutes.
6. Bring 2 1/2 cups with a bouillon cube to a boil, add barley and pinch of salt and cook 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, put spinach and 1/4 cup parsley in food processor or finely chop. Add to cooked barley, stir in leftover 1/2 cup of parmesan.