Ingredients: 2 tilapia filets, 1 lime, 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 2 corn cobs, 1 green onion, 1 jalapeno, cilantro, 1 pat butter, 1 cup long grain rice, 4 tortillas
1. Place fish on a plate and squeeze one lime half over it. Season with 1/4 tsp chilipowder, 1/4 tsp cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Turn fish over and sprinkle with some of remaining chili powder, cumin and more salt and pepper. (Keep in mind to do all seasonings to taste, depending on amount of spice you prefer).
2. Refrigerate fish and let marinate while you make corn ceviche and rice.
3. Chop and deseed jalapeno. Chop green onion. Chop cilantro. Shuck the corn and use a sharp knife to cut off the corn kernels from all sides. Put corn in a mixing bowl.
4. Add the zest and juice of 1/2 lime, 1 Tbsp olive oil, green onion, and jalapeno to corn and stir to coat. Add cilantro and salt and give it another stir. Allow flavors to blend for 10 minutes. Taste for salt. Keep in a covered container in the fridge, it gets slightly more spicy with age.
5. Bring 2 cups water to a boil: stir in the butter and rice. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmer until rice is tender, about 15 mins. Stir in lime zest, juice and cilantro into the cooked rice before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
6. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan. Add fish and cook until outer edges are golden and fish flakes easily. About 5-6 minutes on each side.
7. To assemble tacos, place a few pieces of the flaked fish into a warmed tortilla, top with spoon full corn ceviche and extra cilantro if desired.