Ingredients: 2 chicken breasts, 2 cloves garlic, 1 bouillon cube, 6 oz penne pasta, 1 cup green peas, 1 tbsp bacon bits, whipping cream, 2-3 zucchini, 1 cup parmesan, 1 can tomato sauce, 4 oz mozzarella, basil leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Slice each zucchini into about 1/3 inch discs. Sprinkle each side with salt. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add salted zucchini to skillet and sauté until crisp and tender.
3. In a small baking dish arrange as many zucchini slices that can fit in a layer, top with a few pieces of mozzarella, a bit of basil and sprinkles of parmesan. Continue the layers and evenly distribute all the ingredients, until all ingredients are used or dish is full.
4. Bake for 15-20 or until cheese is melting and bubbling. Serve while hot.
5. While appetizer bakes, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breast and cook until deep golden brown on both sides and cooked through the middle. Remove from skillet and cut into thin strips and set aside.
6. Crush and remove peel of garlic. In the same skillet add 2 tbsp olive oil, stir in garlic; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Stir in bouillon cube, 1 cup water, salt, pepper and pasta. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, then cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
7. Stir in peas, whipping cream, and parmesan cheese. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until heat thoroughly. Add in cooked chicken and top with bacon bits if desired. Serve immediately.